Wednesday, June 23, 2004

a tribute to tango...

it's been almost a month since i got ooc... things hasn't changed much over these 3 weeks in tango... prolly trg got tougher... they just had their 7-11 (run soc 7 times) on tues... upcoming events include demo livefiring on this coming mon and 3 fieldcamps back to back starting in july to aug... hopefully i get posted out soon, so that i can watch nationals... well, there're too many things to say, how should i express everything out here... oh well, maybe i should go bit by bit... lemme start with my instructors 1st...

within this month, there are many changes to our instrcutors...
:: our dear PC LTA subhas went on course
:: PC3 CPT george left to become 2 i/c in an arty batallion and he's getting married...
:: LTA lawrence is clearing leave now cuz of the new ord date thingee...

tango instructors are really nice, but maybe abit too nice, not to tekan us as jialat as delta... maybe if we (or should i say the cadets in future) go to active units in future, they will suffer (as commented by many ex-cadets)... but anyway, my stay in tango has been a very memoriable and enriching one... each of the instructor has inspired me and taught me some impt life lesson...

well, LTA jonathan and rick are zany and ect instructors who won't fail to make you laugh with their funny faces and ect actions... LTA subhas has somehow inspired me to be tougher and he helped our platoon to gel really well together during the 1st month of TST... i will never forget his stories about his UN missions, his "nasi lemak from heaven", "chicken rice from commado thai kids" and of cuz his famous quotations...

"when you're lost, cold and hungry... who do you turn to? NOBODY except your BUDDY!!!"
-- confidence jump

"you will bond like brothers, burn like joss sticks..."
-- before leadership fieldcamp

"this (one cap full of water) is for my country, i will spill blood and die for her... this is for my family and friends, whom i love and miss very much... this is for myself, for without me, there's nothing..."
-- junior bar presentation

well, of cuz apart from our pc, LTA lawrence is really a professional instructor, who doesn't show signs of ording for the past month, he's alws strict and has high demands, really admire him for his professionalism... then there's the "ah beng" apc LTA kelvin who tells us lotsa practical life issues and stories... my section instructor LTA gerald, the mr nice guy, who's gentile and forgiving... well, as for my wing sm, a grouchy old man who laughs like a tyrant... and his favourite phrase...

"don't show me your sad face when i give u plus plus.."

* plus plus = extra duties

okie, that's all about my instructors... oh oh, i nearly forgot about my wing comd... he's an arty LTC, who's very niao3 intellegently... he reminds me of justin...

now, lemme move on to my platoon mates... tango ONE ROX!!!

this is the most disciplined and garang platoon in a slack wing... we get turnouts when other platoons are slacking in the bunk... we have a pc who's a RANGER!!! so we're called the ranger platoon... anyway, even though we're quite tough compared to other platoon, but i'm proud to be in tango one, we have pride in the things we go through... during the time in tango, i have indeed learnt lotsa important lessons in life and i've discovered myself and unstand ppl more... through the tough times, i know who are my true friends and whether i'm still able to be myself...

what i've discovered so far is that the more selfish i get by not contributing so much to the platoon, the more i don't enjoy the training and the more u don't feel like going through the course... however, if i more altruistic, more helpful, i will somehow enjoy the training more cuz there is the joy in suffering with everyone, sacrificing oneself... and the time in ocs is much happier... this was what i learnt through the turnouts and fieldcamp...

section TWO is a unique section... the 4 HC guys (me, aaron, wei liang, zhichao) who were in platoon ONE, were in section TWO, it's really very fortunate... and there were 2 other CHS guys (mervyn, licheng)... my section is really warm, cozy and zai... doing the best in tests and we have the most number of gold for ippt... the platoon best comes from my section (ningyan) but what's more impt is that we can clique very well together... my buddy fredrick is very gentle and nice... his bag is always filled with chocolate and chocolate chips... whatever brand u name, he'll have it... well, it's really blessed to have such a good buddy, a good section, a good platoon and a good wing...

i remembered that i dreaded my 1st 2 weeks in ocs, the regimentation, the crazy standards of fieldpack inspection were a total cultural shock to me... but now, i begin to miss tango as a cadet... i wanna be part of the platoon but i can't... sigh... prolly, the only thing that can keep me together with the wing is through making videos which will bring back the memories... sadz... i miss tango...

No comments: