Sunday, May 20, 2007

wrecked hamstring

today's long jump performance was decent at least, but triple was totally gone, i think i wrecked my hamstring during the entire training sessions building up to the season. gotta see the physio soon, but its 50 pounds for an hour. anyway, i guess i'm not training during this whole competition season, but its kind of ironic that performace gets better through competition rather than training. ranked 4th, but i'm happy cuz today seems to be one of the best competitions i have ever had.

1st: 7.51m
2nd: 7.05m
3rd: 6.75m
me: 6.62m

i was 2nd during my last attempt before this guy took a giant leap and massacred us with his 7.5m jump and this young lad edged me out with his new pb. but 6.62 with a wrecked hamstring and a bad landing, i'm quite pleased. a few cm away from my personal best, but i guess it'll be shattered soon, 3 more major meets to soar past 7... it isn't that far away...

No comments: