Sunday, April 08, 2007

We are the Reason

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"

Job 19:25-27

It's easter today! it doesn't seem to be about easter bunnies or eggs. but the very fact that Jesus resurrected. I guess i may have posted this song lyrics on my old blog or this blog, but i shall post it up again, it's a very meaningful song, it summarises the reason and meaning for christmas and easter; and it's my favourite christian song. Though, I am not a very emotional person, or a person easily touched by the holy spirit, but I can say that God has led me through this simple life. I don't have any ground breaking stories to share too, i wasn't a dramatic lang zi hui tou case, and it seems that my life has been quite peaceful and smooth flowing. But the very fact that he has guided me through my daily life is a blessing in itself and there are many incidents and undercurrents in life that are not just by accident, it was really by his grace that saved me. I would say there are a few 'near misses' in my life that could have gone really wrong, and i could have taken a different path in life. Once in Jun 94 and once in Aug 02. And these undercurrents (sins) continue to tempt me daily, and i certainly hope not to have any more 'near misses' cuz as we grow older, there is a higher price to pay for life, monetary, ethical, lawful issues. More importantly, God has taught me valuable lessons throughout the years; bringing me down when arrogance took control of me and providing me with miraculous stuff that i am so undeserving of. Well, it's not easy to follow him too, even in times of comfort, we keep falling back on his standards. What about in times of desperation, when i lose everything, will i still follow god? Will we be like Job?, still proclaim that we know that our redeemer lives?






We are the reason

As little children
We would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys
We knew we'd find
But we never realized
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

We were the reason
That He gave His life
We were the reason
That He suffered and died
To a world that was lost
He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

As the years went by
We learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves
And what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love

I've finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him, for Him

He is my reason to live

No comments: